My favourite SCM Definition. Yes I know it's dull and boring, but I've been in CM for 8 years dammit! I can't help it.
I often add the following personal observations:
powered by performancing firefox
- Identification also allows us to answer such meta questions as:
- Which larger sub-system is this item a part of?
- What is this item's purpose?
- How is this item related to other items and sub systems?
- Change Control allows us to partition work into change sets or tasks, which we can use to track progress as well as control our releases
- Accounting allows us to answer questions about the work that is currently happening and gives us visibility into the process as things happen, or soon afterwards
- Auditing allows to re-assure our customer, and ourselves, that we fulfilled the contract correctly in the manner we promised