The new release of Ubuntu is out and I’m keen to upgradeAs mentioned previously Feisty Fawn (that Ubuntu Linux 7.04 to the great unwashed out the there) came out and I upgraded. What's the verdict?
It all pretty much good, the following things work:
- Suspend and hibernate without needing to install Envy
- GoogleEarth (used to have major graphics problems)
- WiFi (it's either the same or better -- hard to tell) using Ndiswrapper
- Windows CE synchronisation using these instructions
- Playing Windows media without installing Automatix
- Java, using these instructions
Powered by ScribeFire.