The process s pretty well documented, but I thought I would pull it all together in one place. I’m using a Mac OS X with homebrew already installed.
- Install Ruby as described by Christopher Kaukis
- Install Jykell as described here and create a new blog. NB This will only be used for the migration.
- Install the migration tool by following these instructions, but note that I had to install using the
- Export your Wordpress blog to an XML file using the tools menu on Wordpress.com
- Contime to follow the Jeykell migration instructions to import your Wordpress data into the temporary blog
- Follow the instructions to install Octopress and create an empty Octopress blog – this will be your final blog.
- Now from the temporary blog directory copy the cotents of the directores of
_pagesto the corresponding directoires which are located inside the
sourcedirectory in your Octopress blog
- Now deploy the blog as per the instructions in the Octopress documentation.